The Health Services department is designed to help each student protect, improve, and maintain physical, emotional, and social well-being. Each school includes a health office staffed daily to help with accidents, illnesses, and emergencies.
CCA Illness Policy
Please report your child's illness and please review the following guidelines about student illnesses:
- Please notify the school if your child is going to be absent or tardy for any reason.
- If the absence is due to an illness, please let us know your child’s symptoms (i.e. nausea, vomiting, fever, headache, sore throat, cough, rash, body aches, etc.).
- If your child sees their healthcare provider for the illness, please let us know the outcome of that visit and if your child was diagnosed with a contagious disease. This will help us track illnesses, identify outbreaks, and allow us to notify the health department if a reportable communicable disease is identified.
- If your child is ill and has a fever (100 or higher), they should not return to school until they are fever-free for 24 consecutive hours without the aid of fever-reducing medications.
- If your child is vomiting, they should not return until they have not vomited for 24 hours.
- If your child is being treated for a contagious bacterial infection (i.e strep throat), they should not return to school until 24 hours after antibiotics are started and until they are fever-free for 24 consecutive hours without the aid fever-reducing medications.
The school nurse or office personnel will evaluate students who become ill at school. If it is determined that the child is too sick to remain in school, a parent/guardian will be called and asked to come and pick the child up.
Thanks for your help in adhering to these guidelines that will help keep our school healthy and decrease the risks of spreading contagious diseases.
Health Services Staff
Director of Health Services
(319) 828-4510 or
CCA High School
CCA Middle School
Clear Creek Elementary
North Bend Elementary
Oak Hill Elementary