North Bend Elementary Counselor Services
My name is Olivia Freeborn and I am the school counselor at North Bend Elementary. I graduated with my B.A in Psychology from Coe College in 2016 and my M.A in School Counseling from the University of Iowa in 2019. I am privileged and excited to begin my career in the Clear Creek Amana Community School District!
I look forward to building a comprehensive school counseling program that supports the academic, career, social, and emotional development of all NBE students. This will be done in a variety of different ways including, individual counseling, small group counseling, classroom guidance, and consultation to teachers, parents, families, and other professionals.
Here are many of the programs we implement at North Bend Elementary to meet our student’s needs:
- Second Step- Second Step Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) gives students the tools to excel in and out of the classroom. Our easy-to-teach program garners outstanding reviews from educators who’ve noticed schoolwide improvement and see even the most challenging students make progress in emotion management, situational awareness, and academic achievement. To learn more visit secondstep.org
- Onsite School Family Liaisons- Licensed Mental Health professionals who work with staff, students, and families in order to address mental health needs and to support student success within and outside of their learning environment. School-Family Liaison link for more information.
- Family Resources - A list of family resources serving our families throughout our district. Family Resources
- School Supplies- Through generous donations of the community, we are able to make sure all students have the supplies they need to do their best at school.
- Shoes that Fit- Provide a new pair of shoes and/or boots to any child in need.
- Winter Weather Gear-Through generous donations of the community, we are able to keep our students warm during the winter months.
- The BackPack Program-Provide students K-6th grade with a sack of shelf-stable, kid friendly foods on Friday afternoons.
- Holiday Assistance-Through generous donations of the community, we are able to assist families with a variety of needs during the holidays.
If you are interested in your child receiving services, or have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (319) 626-3950. I look forward to serving the North Bend Elementary community.
For more information regarding the role of a school counselor, please visit the links below!
Role of a School Counselor: https://www.schoolcounselor.org/asca/media/asca/Careers-Roles/RoleStatement.pdf
Why Elementary School Counselors: https://www.schoolcounselor.org/asca/media/asca/Careers-Roles/WhyElem.pdf