Welcome from Principal Mr. Moody
Hello and welcome to the Clear Creek Amana Community.
I am excited and feel very fortunate to be starting my 15th year with the district. This will be my 10th year as the building principal. I am thrilled to start the 2019-2020 school year with 7 new staff members who will bring additional enthusiasm, expertise, and experience to our current fantastic staff. We will start the year with nearly 700 students. This is both challenging and exciting, but I guarantee you that the high school staff is ready to meet this challenge. As a staff, we will continue our learning and practices in the following areas to improve the educational experience for our students:
- Continue to collaborate with our colleagues on curriculum
- Work with each other to make sure our students are learning through frequent check-ins and then look at the data to help students
- Continued learning in the area of adolescent mental health
- Engage in professional learning through training, coaching, and more
- Refine grading practices and approaches to ensure a guaranteed and viable curriculum for all our students
- Focus instruction on the essential learning targets in each content area
We are all about learning and getting better. With your continued support, WE can make the 2019-2020 school year a GREAT one!