PowerSchool Contact Information
Updating Your Contact Informaiton
Blackboard uses the contact information you have stored with the school district in the PowerSchool system. No other sign up or other "activation" is necessary. However - this means that it is very important to keep your information updated in the PowerSchool system so that we are able to contact you in an emergency.
Your contact information will be used as follows:
- In non-emergency situations, you will be e-mailed at the e-mail addresses you have on record in PowerSchool.
- When school is cancelled or delayed in the morning before school starts, the system will call the primary household phone number for parents/guardians and e-mail you at the addresses on record in PowerSchool, excluding emergency contacts.
- In emergencies, or when school will be dismissed during the day (early) due to weather, the system will call the primary household phone number for parents/guardians and e-mail you at the addresses on record in PowerSchool, excluding emergency contacts.
- Certain messages may be sent to specific grade levels, as opposed to district-wide. For example, a message about cancellation of evening activities may only be sent to parents of secondary school students if no other classes or schedules are affected.
If you want to check your contact information, log on to PowerSchool
- If you are not familiar with PowerSchool, you can find instructions for logging in and the parent portal here.
Phone numbers need to include area codes in this format i.e. 319-123-4567.
E-mail addresses need to be separated by comma only and preferably no more than 2 email addresses per field.
If you need help to update or correct your contact information, please call your child's school office during regular school hours to update it.